Last year, Mikhyla, Scarlett and I had
lots of fun with this Advent Calendar
- so much fun that we will do it again
this year! It certainly helped
them understand a lot more that
Christmas is about Christ.
It can also be easily adapted for a
Sabbath/Sunday School Class over a
number of weeks. Do one section
at a time and hide all parts of that
section, getting different children
clues to find them.
enjoy doing this as much as we have!
- Print out the following templates
- Write the clues as to where each message will be hidden in each day on
- Cut Template 2 into three strips and cut along all lines. This forms
the flaps for the calendar. Glue on along the top of the strips and
place over the boxes on Template 1. If desired use stars to seal each
- Print and cut out each message. Place each in an envelope and hide
somewhere in the house (or outside if it is convenient!) everyday (they may
all get found at once otherwise!). You may like to hide the materials
needed for the activities and crafts with the message.
- On each day, there is either a story, song, activity or craft. Don't
forget to discuss the activities and stories from past days when you look
and work on the given activity together. If the activity is a
Christmas carol, take the opportunity to sing other Christmas carols
- Look at the bottom of each message for resource ideas to complete each
- Remember, you don't have to do the activities in the order I have given
them - swap them around if it is more convenient for you!
Part 1 - Jesus' Birth is Foretold
Part 2 - Jesus' Birth
Part 3 - Angels Visit the Shepherds
Part 4 - The Wise Men
- Advent Day 25 - Reading the
Christmas story together. You may like to check out My Bible
Friends Small Donkey
(full-text story). This is the story we will be reading together in our
all outside links open in a new window.