games is a great way to bring to life
a Bible story. You can make your own
game using the templates and ideas
given below. You may like to
have a look at Noah's
Ark Animal Parade for more ideas.
- Print onto coloured paper or
card one set of the following game
boards listed below.
- Join all pieces together as
shown right and glue onto a large
piece (about A3 size) of
card. Decorate with
- You can make the game board
larger and make it go in any
direction by printing out more of
the #2 and #3 templates.
Experiment with the size and
direction as desired.
- If using the blank template,
colour in every third or fourth
square or place a sticker/star on
it to denote that it is a
- Print two copies of one of the
following (to match above game
board) onto card and cut out.
- Write onto each card a situation
related to the Bible story which
will cause players to go forward
or backwards a number of spaces or
miss a turn. Look at the
following for ideas.
My girls love the size of these
large carton dice for playing games!
- From a cube from a milk carton
Dice for instructions).
- Cover each side with paper and
place coloured dots on sides to
form a dice.
- Create markers using buttons or
alternatively, print out the
following Bible Men characters
onto stiff card for markers, if
appropriate (each template has six
men). Have each child colour
in their man to distinguish him
Playing the Game
- Each child chooses a game marker.
- Decide who will begin the game.
- Throw dice and move markers
- Whenever marker lands on an
situation square, child is to pick up a
situation card and follow the
- Game is finished when all the
animals have reached the finish
- Make sure you discuss with
children what they can learn about
the story from playing the game.